Billa: On the new moon I often do what I call the Beetroot Reset as outlined in Book 8.1 of the RINGING CEDARS OF RUSSIA. 

When Vladimir is cleansed by his 5 year old son in the Taiga Forest of Siberia for a few days, using wild herbs etc,  Vladimir wonders what readers could do at home to cleanse with the food normally available.. So,  Anastasia says something like this in Book 8.1: 

Drink only spring water until lunch time and then juice a glass full of organic beetroot. (I peel mine and use a masticating juicer.. ) eat nothing else for the rest of the day (sipping water is OK) and stay at home in case of any adverse reactions.. could be nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.... be prepared for the worst! but it may not be so bad! 
Some say to chase the beetroot juice with an organic apple to stop nausea and I recommend this if you think you might vomit, so you can actually keep the beetroot down so it can do its job...its quite a strong taste.  ... Although not everyone has a reaction like this.. some just get tired.. some feel nothing... but its good to be prepared for the worst and then anything else is a breeze.. obviously, do not do this if you are pregnant or breast feeding..  

What the beetroot does is it scans through your organs.. .. if the gall bladder is toxic you might get sick very quick and have a major bile dump. if you are tuned in to your body enough you can feel it moving through.. if you dont get sick in the first hour you probably wont.. Have a rest and concentrate on your dreams and your true essence as the beetroot is resetting your DNA to your own unique thoughts... think about your health, your vitality, your loved ones, your space of love.. all your bright thoughts...

You may find the beetroot lingers in your digestive system for some days... and this is normal as its taking its time to help where needed...

So you have made it through that part.. and now all you do is go to bed for a good nights sleep.

When you wake up and when first hunger signals, you need to have already prepared a selection of fresh, local , organic seasonal raw foods ( from your garden, local market or small produce store.. avoid supermarket produce alltogether.. ) 
Spread before you and let your newly reset body tell you what it wants to eat. eat one thing at a time and wait for your hunger to trigger again to select something else.. relish the flavours and only eat one thing at a time.. notice what you go for, it may not be what you expect..

Continue eating like this and only eat when you are hungry - notice if you are satisfied with much less than normal and that your taste buds are alive.. continue eating like this and you will be very well and full of energy very quickly.. this is the way to eat as you breathe.. dont stop to make meals, just taste and nibble on things as you feel to and even better - DO it straight out of the garden...!

FROM THE RINGING CEDARS SERIES Book 8.1:
Upon awakening the following morning and feeling hungry, he should be able to take any vegetable, herb or piece of fruit and put it on a small plate. After sitting down at the table, he should carefully observe what is lying on the plate, sniff it, lick it and then eat it with an unhurried chewing. It is best to be alone in the room during this time, isolated from the sounds of the artificial world.

The feeling of hunger may not disappear after eating a single piece of food, or it may reappear after a short period of time. In that case he should select a second piece and eat it in the same manner as the first.

Man should take all the produce he has obtained and sample them in any sequence at short intervals.

The time for sampling any particular food is determined by the sensation of hunger.

The taking of food should definitely begin in the morning.

By the end of this day a Man should have sampled all locally grown produce. If there is a large variety available and one day is insufficient, the sampling can extend to the following day.

This procedure is extremely important. It will give many people's bodies, perhaps for the first time in their lives, a chance to become acquainted with the taste qualities and properties of the local produce, and to determine how needful it is to Man at a given moment and in what quantity.

Once the body has become familiar with all the produce, one should cut each vegetable into small peices and lay them out on a large plate. Small clumps of greens and berries should also be put out, either alongside or on another plate. Any produce that will quickly spoil on the plate should be immersed in spring water.

Also on the table one should put honey, flower pollen, cedar oil and spring water. Man may go about his own daily affairs, but when he feels hungry he can go over to the table and pick up an item he likes (either with his hands or with a wooden spoon) and eat it.

It is possible some of the food may be eaten up completely, while the rest may be left untouched. This means that your personal wise physician and nutritionist - your body which was given to you by the Creator - selected for you what you needed at that moment, while what you did not need was left untouched.

The uneaten produce need not be put out again on the table the following day. But after three days a complete variety should be displayed. It is possible that one's body will need something different by then.

In time Man will be able to determine which items can be temporarily excluded from his diet, so as not to waste his efforts in obtaining them. But it is possible that after a period of time his body will indeed have need of them again, and so from time to time one should lay out on the table as wide a variety as possible.

This method of nutrition, Vladimir, is important to grasp one essential point: it is not only the animals that are able to determine which kinds of food will be most beneficial to their bodies at a given moment and in what quantity. This knowledge is present, too, within every single Man.

Do the beetroot reset again on each new moon and dont 'beet' yourself up if you fall into old habits, as there is always another new moon to start over...

and try eating some grass too.. Anastasia says follow your dog or cat around and whatever grass they eat is OK for you too.. Make chewing grass part of your life or grow some wheatgrass and chew on that.. WELCOME BACK TO NATURAL EATING! How many more hours you will have in the day?!!
http://witcheslore.com/?p=1547 "Beetroot Magic: promotes, love, ambience, beauty"

General facts about Beetroot : http://www.thespringoflife.net/beetroot.html 

Beets: (courtesy of Serena) 

~ #1 liver cleanser
~ Kidney cleanser
~ bile cleanser/producer
~ great for blood, etc etc because of zinc
~ rewrites genetic codes
~ removes bleached products from the brain
~ replenishes everything
~ forces circulation
~ erases cravings via dendrils in the brain
~ forces cell turnover
~ wont burn in sun (meaning the skin)
~ its a ''morality food''
~ ''wisdom food''
~ ''spiritual food''
~ removes spiritual evil

Hope you are left feeling alive and jumping for joy! 

Views: 1836

Replies to This Discussion

Yup, did my first reset too. I don't have a juicer so I grated my beets and muched my way through a bowlful until my throat was too sore to eat anymore. I actually woke up feeling like I was detoxing already - headache, sore throat, feeling tired and yukky (it was raining too) After eatingv the beets, I felt lightheaded and had a strange sensation in my kidneys but that's all, I lay down to rest for the rest of the day (was being v lazy)

Today I wandered around the land eating oranges, mandarins, nettles, cleaver and fennel. My dogs too were grazing and puking, lol.

The biggest cleansing was in my emotional body. I woke up from an important dream which had me sobbing all morning. I realised many things about myself and my recent relationship split and after much meditation and divining I spent more than two hours discussing a possible reconciliation with a definite goal, I now feel more at peace. I'm ok if we do, I'm ok if we don't. I, at least, am clear about my path.

I will definitely do it again next new moon.

Love

Lucy

Here's my report:  Today was my day to do the Beetroot reset, since I had pictured it being a day of more potential to relax and time to be home, near the bathroom!  I drank water only until 3 p.m.  (I had a small job to do for a few hours from 10-1, then stopped to pick up some organic apples, raw nuts and sunflower seeds and came home.  By the time I could feel I could focus on the Beet juice and not have others around me to distract me it was 3 p.m.  I had juiced the beets in a friends juicer Saturday evening, next time I will juice it fresh and drink it right away.  Even doing it by hand if need be.  Normally I would have eaten, grazing all day by this time.  Was the longest time in many, many years that I had not eaten.  Next time, I will be diligent about clearing away my schedule and connecting with nature (our beautiful woods and gardens).  I sat down with my glass, followed my intuition and sipped it over the space of 1 hour. While sipping it, I conversed with my daughter who is over in Israel and who really wanted to talk to me about some things.  (I live in Florida, USA)   It was sweet but not too sweet but also had an aftertaste that was maybe bitter or something and made my throat a little scratchy, sore for awhile.  Didn't feel nauseous.  Felt a slight weakness (barely) throughout the day even before the beet juice.  Was physically active, walking, talking almost as much as a normal day for me which is very active. Smelling, seeing food throughout the day, smelled good, looked appealing but not hard to resist.  If I wasn't doing this I would have eaten freely of so much I saw today.  I sectioned an apple and ate one piece that soothed my throat.  Since then, I have just sipped on water for the rest of the day, reading my email, facebook, this site, and now, 10 p.m. ready to go to bed.

Tomorrow, I have a full day of work and will bring my food with me for the day to graze on like usual except it will be a much larger variety, than usual, and all raw and all vegan.  I will be able to focus and connect with what I eat, listen to what appeals to me and give attention to what it does for me.  And appreciate it deeply.  The biggest thing I am getting from this is paying attention, listening.

I love it and can see how I will continue each month also!

(Somehow, last night, this didn't show up here, so trying again)

Here's my report:  Today was my day to do the Beetroot reset, since I had pictured it being a day of more potential to relax and time to be home, near the bathroom!  I drank water only until 3 p.m.  (I had a small job to do for a few hours from 10-1, then stopped to pick up some organic apples, raw nuts and sunflower seeds and came home.  By the time I could feel I could focus on the Beet juice and not have others around me to distract me it was 3 p.m.  I had juiced the beets in a friends juicer Saturday evening, next time I will juice it fresh and drink it right away.  Even doing it by hand if need be.  Normally I would have eaten, grazing all day by this time.  Was the longest time in many, many years that I had not eaten.  Next time, I will be diligent about clearing away my schedule and connecting with nature (our beautiful woods and gardens).  I sat down with my glass, followed my intuition and sipped it over the space of 1 hour. While sipping it, I conversed with my daughter who is over in Israel and who really wanted to talk to me about some things.  (I live in Florida, USA)   It was sweet but not too sweet but also had an aftertaste that was maybe bitter or something and made my throat a little scratchy, sore for awhile.  Didn't feel nauseous.  Felt a slight weakness (barely) throughout the day even before the beet juice.  Was physically active, walking, talking almost as much as a normal day for me which is very active. Smelling, seeing food throughout the day, smelled good, looked appealing but not hard to resist.  If I wasn't doing this I would have eaten freely of so much I saw today.  I sectioned an apple and ate one piece that soothed my throat.  Since then, I have just sipped on water for the rest of the day, reading my email, facebook, this site, and now, 10 p.m. ready to go to bed.

Tomorrow, I have a full day of work and will bring my food with me for the day to graze on like usual except it will be a much larger variety, than usual, and all raw and all vegan.  I will be able to focus and connect with what I eat, listen to what appeals to me and give attention to what it does for me.  And appreciate it deeply.  The biggest thing I am getting from this is paying attention, listening.

I love it and can see how I will continue each month also!

A correction to my report:  I actually sat down to drink the juice at 4 p.m. not 3 p.m.  Earlier, while working and shopping I was listening to what I should do that day after work:  something had come up where someone who lived 2 hours away was not responding to phone calls and maybe it would be important for me to travel there to check on them.  If so, it could seriously disrupt my cleanse/fast/raw/vegan intention.  I was starting to decide that "I won't go because, if something happened to him (the chance of suicide was somewhat likely) there was nothing I could do now, or what if it was just that he went on the trip he had said he would probably do and maybe forgot his phone, or what if it was that he just didn't want to talk to anyone or who knows?  and then I drive there for nothing?"   Then, I thought:  I need to do this fast, I am committed, I even announced it to this group!    Finally I got to this:  Whoa!  It's o.k. to change, to be flexible, to not impose my will on things, even if I think it's the right thing or the best thing or the noble thing to do.  To listen to the greater Will.  So, I stopped trying to analyze and figure it all out by myself.   I stopped and asked and listened.  Continuing on with my work, I let it go, allowed the answer to come and it was:  Continue with the fast, etc. and don't go.  As I sat down to drink the juice and talk to my daughter, who was part of the story of whether or not to go and check on this person (her father), the important thing that had come to me that day to talk to her was about death and the meaning  and significance of it.  We had a wonderful sharing, conversation (as most of ours are) about her father's situation and possible death and then, while talking to her, he finally called back!  So, we all knew then that he had left on his trip and had forgotten his phone charger, so phone was dead until he finally bought another one.

Possibly (probably!) all this affected me in some way so that I was not relaxed enough to allow the beet juice to flow around.  Around 2;30 in the morning I awoke with an urge to purge (intestinal!) and did so, it was fairly loose, pinkish, and a little frothy.  Went back into my usual, deep sleep after a little meditating.  Feeling this morning just a little tingly, just a little weak but I could actually go all day today just fasting and then working (my work is cleaning houses, a steady, rarely stopping, physical pace) for about 8 hours with about an hour and a half driving time total for the day.

Because we live in Florida and have an Organic Farm I am blessed with an abundance of Food to pick, fresh and local.  We have wild and cultivated and our goal is actually to never have to go to the grocery store by the end of this year!  So, I am out now to pick an nice assortment to take with me today and also bring a variety of fruit and nuts and seeds and a cooler to keep it in and will enjoy my experience fully.  Tonight I'll let you all know what I brought with me and what I ate.  I would like to continue to eat it through Sunday.

Thanks for all your sharing, it gives ideas and is wonderful to know that I'm not the only one doing this.  ♥

Again, just seeing that there is nothing there?  This is what should have been next, on Wednesday morning:

A correction to my report:  I actually sat down to drink the juice at 4 p.m. not 3 p.m.  Earlier, while working and shopping I was listening to what I should do that day after work:  something had come up where someone who lived 2 hours away was not responding to phone calls and maybe it would be important for me to travel there to check on them.  If so, it could seriously disrupt my cleanse/fast/raw/vegan intention.  I was starting to decide that "I won't go because, if something happened to him (the chance of suicide was somewhat likely) there was nothing I could do now, or what if it was just that he went on the trip he had said he would probably do and maybe forgot his phone, or what if it was that he just didn't want to talk to anyone or who knows?  and then I drive there for nothing?"   Then, I thought:  I need to do this fast, I am committed, I even announced it to this group!    Finally I got to this:  Whoa!  It's o.k. to change, to be flexible, to not impose my will on things, even if I think it's the right thing or the best thing or the noble thing to do.  To listen to the greater Will.  So, I stopped trying to analyze and figure it all out by myself.   I stopped and asked and listened.  Continuing on with my work, I let it go, allowed the answer to come and it was:  Continue with the fast, etc. and don't go.  As I sat down to drink the juice and talk to my daughter, who was part of the story of whether or not to go and check on this person (her father), the important thing that had come to me that day to talk to her was about death and the meaning  and significance of it.  We had a wonderful sharing, conversation (as most of ours are) about her father's situation and possible death and then, while talking to her, he finally called back!  So, we all knew then that he had left on his trip and had forgotten his phone charger, so phone was dead until he finally bought another one.

Possibly (probably!) all this affected me in some way so that I was not relaxed enough to allow the beet juice to flow around.  Around 2;30 in the morning I awoke with an urge to purge (intestinal!) and did so, it was fairly loose, pinkish, and a little frothy.  Went back into my usual, deep sleep after a little meditating.  Feeling this morning just a little tingly, just a little weak but I could actually go all day today just fasting and then working (my work is cleaning houses, a steady, rarely stopping, physical pace) for about 8 hours with about an hour and a half driving time total for the day.

Because we live in Florida and have an Organic Farm I am blessed with an abundance of Food to pick, fresh and local.  We have wild and cultivated and our goal is actually to never have to go to the grocery store by the end of this year!  So, I am out now to pick an nice assortment to take with me today and also bring a variety of fruit and nuts and seeds and a cooler to keep it in and will enjoy my experience fully.  Tonight I'll let you all know what I brought with me and what I ate.  I would like to continue to eat it through Sunday.

Thanks for all your sharing, it gives ideas and is wonderful to know that I'm not the only one doing this.  ♥

And now, the rest of the story, which now tells what and how I ate from Wednesday through Sunday, today:

Before I started this I spent $40 at the store for Raw Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds, Organic Apples, Large Florida Avocado, Organic Bananas, Big bag of Organic Carrots.
Most of this is only half gone tonight, Sunday.
Then, on Thursday I spent $10 for Cantaloupe, another Avocado, bag of Pears but I never ended up eating them yet as of today, Sunday evening.
Already had at home:  1 whole Pineapple, Oranges, Grapefruits, Frozen Organic Blueberries and Blackberries from last spring, Garlic, Greens from our gardens: Lettuce, Dandelion, Kale, Pak Choi, Mustards, Arugula, Spinach, Malabar Spinach, and Green Onions, Radishes, Broccoli, Mizuna.
Since our goal is to not have to go to the grocery store for food, to become self-sustaining, this experience this week has heightened my awareness of what we don't have growing here yet.

I am now ready to order Almond, Pecan and Walnut trees and some more delicious sounding nut trees that I've never even heard of that grow here!

I had just gotten a new book on Sunday evening called "The Yoga of Eating" by Charles Eisenstein and it was beyond perfect (can you picture that???) for me to read as I started into this.  I can't think of anything about eating he didn't cover.  He is not telling anyone what they should eat or not.  It's not a diet book but instead all about how to become sensitive, intuitive, present, mindful eating, why we eat, how we eat, and why we would or would not eat any particular thing and how no one else can tell us what to eat.  When we practice the Yoga of Eating, we can know when, how much, what to eat.  We can then choose to eat with joy and pleasure, coming from the inside out.  Not a bunch of shoulds and shouldn'ts.

On Wednesday, I brought at least one of just about everything I had with me to work all day and nibbled and grazed whatever was appealing to me.  This is my normal routine, just that my selection of food did not include some items that would normally be part of my diet:  Usually a meat or egg sandwich, some cooked veggies, maybe a piece of meat, some rice or pasta, a cookie or piece of candy.  Raw greens, veggies and fruit would also be in my food bag, usually as a salad and fruit.  Also some yogurt or kefir could be in my selection for the day.

Whenever I felt hungry, for 3 days, Wednesday, Thursday, (at work), Friday (at home working all day,) I just went and looked at what I had, looked at what I was attracted to the most and ate it. I ate slowly, quietly, enjoyed it.  Which is what I usually do the most.  Now, I did not have certain items to choose from and also did not take food to eat from others when offered or if it was available to take as I often do.  I often just take a bite of salted, toasted nuts from bowls around or pieces of chocolate candy or whatever.  I would look at it, think how it looks good but remember that no, I'm not doing that today and go on and feel like it's fine.  At times, I got a little weak but then would just go and get something to eat.
The Avocado I got was a large "Alligator Pear", my favorite kind and it was perfectly ready to eat, very sweet and full of flavor.  I also ate lots and lots of nuts and a banana or two each day which helped to give me some extra calories, fat and density.

By Friday, I weighed myself and found I had lost about 4 lbs!  I was shocked to lose so much weight in such a short time!  Maybe some was water weight?  I was not looking to lose weight.  I am 5'4" and 108 and would like to exercise in certain ways to build more muscle strength which could add pounds but not needing to gain more unless it was muscle.  And not wanting to lose weight.

Saturday, I went to the Farmer's Market for the day to bring our produce there with Jeff, my husband and to talk to people a lot, which is what he does every Saturday and I go once a month.  By the time the Market was over and we got home around 3:30, I was very hungry and nothing I had was appealing to me anymore.  I was really starting to crave something cooked, like the egg roll he brought home.  Or the quiche in the fridge.  I was not able to eat anything by now and have these cravings go away the way they had been for the previous 3 days.  I listened for awhile to see what was best.  I felt my energy going down as the day went on.  It did pick up a little when I ate some Green Slaw at the market (prepared by Jeff from many assorted greens from our garden and carrots and with Tahini vegan dressing) which we had brought for people to sample.  I had not been eating greens for more than a day as they were just not appealing to me.  Lettuce appealed to me and Mizuna (a mild mustard green) the first few days but never did Kale or broccoli.  I also drank the Green Smoothie I had brought for free samples to the market and it helped me to pick back up, too.  But by the time I got home, I just felt like I needed more.  So, around 7 p.m. I warmed up the egg roll, put some hot mustard and duck sauce on it and ate it with a juice glass of milk.  An hour later I ate a small piece of quiche. I felt much better.

Today, Sunday, I continue with fruits and veggies as they appeal to me and feel right to eat.  But I also prepared an egg, (from our friends chickens, I usually eat two), some raw, green onion and had one piece of rye cracker bread with butter and honey on it (real butter, local, raw honey).  Another time today, I had another piece of rye cracker bread with cheddar cheese melted on it.  At one point this afternoon I had 1/4 piece of pita bread with some hummus. As much as I've always loved and enjoyed meat, I am not feeling like I have to have it today so am still not eating it unless I feel I need.
I also had the Greens slaw and Green smoothie and can feel that my energy is higher from that, too.

I love that I am able to continue to eat fruit if I need something sweet and nothing more.  Eating sugar sweets was a habit that was growing with time.  I would love to get my carbs from grains that are soaked and fermented instead of cooked and plan to learn more about that and grow them here.

I do not have an answer to whether or how much I will eat meat again or not.  We have been eating mostly meat that is raised healthily, naturally, humanely for a few years.  It may or may not be time for me to continue to eat it or not.  I love having this group to share this with and to especially learn how to continue to ask and listen to the Voice of Knowing, (called many names by many people), but it's the same Voice, no matter what you call it.

Even though I lived until I was almost 30 (I'm now 58) in the North with cold winters, etc. it's hard now for me to picture much what I would do in the time of year where there is nothing fresh or local to eat which is the case for probably most members of this group. 
Two things in regards to this comes to me:  Sepp Holzer, who lives in Austria and has been doing Permaculture for many years demonstrates how to grow just about anything to eat year around.
Youtube has plenty on him.
The other thing is that besides eating, our lives are so off track in so many areas that just trying to eat in a way that is the best for us energetically also has to take into consideration the rest of our lives.  If we live in the areas that are colder in the winter, continue to use electricity, lights at night, activity rates comparable to summer, then we need to eat food from farther away or preserved from the summer.  Or go into a much, much slower mode of life, requiring much less food, even a sort of hibernating.
I'm just planting some seeds for thought here.

Before I started this I spent $40 at the store for Raw Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds, Organic Apples, Large Florida Avocado, Organic Bananas, Big bag of Organic Carrots.
Most of this is only half gone tonight, Sunday.
Then, on Thursday I spent $10 for Cantaloupe, another Avocado, bag of Pears but I never ended up eating them yet as of today, Sunday evening.
Already had at home:  1 whole Pineapple, Oranges, Grapefruits, Frozen Organic Blueberries and Blackberries from last spring, Garlic, Greens from our gardens: Lettuce, Dandelion, Kale, Pak Choi, Mustards, Arugula, Spinach, Malabar Spinach, and Green Onions, Radishes, Broccoli, Mizuna.
Since our goal is to not have to go to the grocery store for food, to become self-sustaining, this experience this week has heightened my awareness of what we don't have growing here yet.

I am now ready to order Almond, Pecan and Walnut trees and some more delicious sounding nut trees that I've never even heard of that grow here!

I had just gotten a new book on Sunday evening called "The Yoga of Eating" by Charles Eisenstein and it was beyond perfect (can you picture that???) for me to read as I started into this.  I can't think of anything about eating he didn't cover.  He is not telling anyone what they should eat or not.  It's not a diet book but instead all about how to become sensitive, intuitive, present, mindful eating, why we eat, how we eat, and why we would or would not eat any particular thing and how no one else can tell us what to eat.  When we practice the Yoga of Eating, we can know when, how much, what to eat.  We can then choose to eat with joy and pleasure, coming from the inside out.  Not a bunch of shoulds and shouldn'ts.

On Wednesday, I brought at least one of just about everything I had with me to work all day and nibbled and grazed whatever was appealing to me.  This is my normal routine, just that my selection of food did not include some items that would normally be part of my diet:  Usually a meat or egg sandwich, some cooked veggies, maybe a piece of meat, some rice or pasta, a cookie or piece of candy.  Raw greens, veggies and fruit would also be in my food bag, usually as a salad and fruit.  Also some yogurt or kefir could be in my selection for the day.

Whenever I felt hungry, for 3 days, Wednesday, Thursday, (at work), Friday (at home working all day,) I just went and looked at what I had, looked at what I was attracted to the most and ate it. I ate slowly, quietly, enjoyed it.  Which is what I usually do the most.  Now, I did not have certain items to choose from and also did not take food to eat from others when offered or if it was available to take as I often do.  I often just take a bite of salted, toasted nuts from bowls around or pieces of chocolate candy or whatever.  I would look at it, think how it looks good but remember that no, I'm not doing that today and go on and feel like it's fine.  At times, I got a little weak but then would just go and get something to eat.
The Avocado I got was a large "Alligator Pear", my favorite kind and it was perfectly ready to eat, very sweet and full of flavor.  I also ate lots and lots of nuts and a banana or two each day which helped to give me some extra calories, fat and density.

By Friday, I weighed myself and found I had lost about 4 lbs!  I was shocked to lose so much weight in such a short time!  Maybe some was water weight?  I was not looking to lose weight.  I am 5'4" and 108 and would like to exercise in certain ways to build more muscle strength which could add pounds but not needing to gain more unless it was muscle.  And not wanting to lose weight.

Saturday, I went to the Farmer's Market for the day to bring our produce there with Jeff, my husband and to talk to people a lot, which is what he does every Saturday and I go once a month.  By the time the Market was over and we got home around 3:30, I was very hungry and nothing I had was appealing to me anymore.  I was really starting to crave something cooked, like the egg roll he brought home.  Or the quiche in the fridge.  I was not able to eat anything by now and have these cravings go away the way they had been for the previous 3 days.  I listened for awhile to see what was best.  I felt my energy going down as the day went on.  It did pick up a little when I ate some Green Slaw at the market (prepared by Jeff from many assorted greens from our garden and carrots and with Tahini vegan dressing) which we had brought for people to sample.  I had not been eating greens for more than a day as they were just not appealing to me.  Lettuce appealed to me and Mizuna (a mild mustard green) the first few days but never did Kale or broccoli.  I also drank the Green Smoothie I had brought for free samples to the market and it helped me to pick back up, too.  But by the time I got home, I just felt like I needed more.  So, around 7 p.m. I warmed up the egg roll, put some hot mustard and duck sauce on it and ate it with a juice glass of milk.  An hour later I ate a small piece of quiche. I felt much better.

Today, Sunday, I continue with fruits and veggies as they appeal to me and feel right to eat.  But I also prepared an egg, (from our friends chickens, I usually eat two), some raw, green onion and had one piece of rye cracker bread with butter and honey on it (real butter, local, raw honey).  Another time today, I had another piece of rye cracker bread with cheddar cheese melted on it.  At one point this afternoon I had 1/4 piece of pita bread with some hummus. As much as I've always loved and enjoyed meat, I am not feeling like I have to have it today so am still not eating it unless I feel I need.
I also had the Greens slaw and Green smoothie and can feel that my energy is higher from that, too.

I love that I am able to continue to eat fruit if I need something sweet and nothing more.  Eating sugar sweets was a habit that was growing with time.  I would love to get my carbs from grains that are soaked and fermented instead of cooked and plan to learn more about that and grow them here.

I do not have an answer to whether or how much I will eat meat again or not.  We have been eating mostly meat that is raised healthily, naturally, humanely for a few years.  It may or may not be time for me to continue to eat it or not.  I love having this group to share this with and to especially learn how to continue to ask and listen to the Voice of Knowing, (called many names by many people), but it's the same Voice, no matter what you call it.

Even though I lived until I was almost 30 (I'm now 58) in the North with cold winters, etc. it's hard now for me to picture much what I would do in the time of year where there is nothing fresh or local to eat which is the case for probably most members of this group. 
Two things in regards to this comes to me:  Sepp Holzer, who lives in Austria and has been doing Permaculture for many years demonstrates how to grow just about anything to eat year around.
Youtube has plenty on him.
The other thing is that besides eating, our lives are so off track in so many areas that just trying to eat in a way that is the best for us energetically also has to take into consideration the rest of our lives.  If we live in the areas that are colder in the winter, continue to use electricity, lights at night, activity rates comparable to summer, then we need to eat food from farther away or preserved from the summer.  Or go into a much, much slower mode of life, requiring much less food, even a sort of hibernating.
I'm just planting some seeds for thought here.

I also wanted to add that during the 5 days of Raw/Vegan I had no sinus drainage, no need to blow my nose in the morning (and often one more time during the day).  It came back on Sunday after I added on Saturday evening with eggs, some dairy, and wheat.  I'll pay attention to what is triggering it now.

It's fascinating to read how unique all our experiences have been. Thank you for sharing.

For me, I took the day off as I usually end up running to the bathroom, along with chills and so on.

I was expecting something similar, but from what I've been learning about how important relaxation is to digestion/assimilation of nutrients, I drank it while having a bath, and then just sank into the tub for an hour, listening to music, with candles and smudge. I focused on relaxing my body to take advantage of the beet juice, and I guess it worked, as nothing happen, other than having to spit out some phlegm half an hour after drinking it.

Then I took the suggested nap, which turned out to be a very deep 3 hour sleep. I remember waking up knowing I had some wonderful dreams, but don't remember them. And I woke up feeling intensely relaxed and calm. It was a very nice feeling.

The next morning, I craved very light, highly digestable foods. Being so cold here, the freshest food I had access to was my mason jar sprouts and my homegrown sunflower sprouts, along with vegetables from my organic source. I knew it would be a different experience without my garden handy, and it was interesting that I craved protein this time.

Looking forward to my next beetroot cleanse. Each one is so different.

Dianne

OOooh! I am definitely aiming for having a bath one time if not this next new moon. What a great idea! Drinking slower, munching an apple and a deep relaxation space like that sounds like the key

Wow! I am experiencing some intense food sensitivities...i have spit out so much! So much just tastes OFF. I’ve been eating walnuts(and some hazelnuts) i gathered from my yard in the fall and bee pollen in the morning and lots of carrots and parsley later on in the day too with little bits of other veggies. An unexpected selection.

I made some raw granola the night of the reset and everyone that tastes it thinks it’s great but I have tried eating it a couple times but I gag so bad. It’s kinda funny how much food I’ve been rejecting and not so graciously either. Often my sense of smell or desire is not very definitive but wow…the bodily communication is very instant ..and definitive!

It’s such a warming and supportive space here…SO necessary for those of us without much of an everyday community. Staying on track is easier when we have opportunities like this to share and grow with one another…always keeping what is most important present and part of every single day. I look forward to reading everyone’s stories and experiences…learning lots! big looove and thank yous!

April 21st is New Moon in Spring (Northern hemipsphere)  Autumn down under..  

is it time to brave Anastasia's beetroot reset and being a raw food transformation?  

Greetings!

I would like to do the reset but I am reluctant. Beet juice, even with the fiber, has too much sugar for my system. I am prone to yeast infection which has located in the stomach. Even green veggies will have too much sugar if I'm not careful.

I like the idea of eating wheatgrass. I think I might be able to do it and, eventually, get to where I can do the rest.

I have done gall bladder cleanses in the past before I studied Ayurveda. Since I am Kapha dosha, I don't need oil in my system. I sleep with a castor oil pack across the abdomen and it takes care of gallstones, liver congestion and other problems. Ayurveda teaches if you are prone to gallstones, then the thyroid needs help. Personally, I do an infrared light treatment for 20 minutes per day for my thyroid.

This is a great, informative article. Thank you!

RSS

Events

SPACE OF LOVE MAGAZINE

© 2017   Created by Sacred Earth Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service